When Should I Call a Belleville Uber Accident Lawyer?If you were involved in an Uber accident, it is in your best interest to hire a rideshare accident lawyer. Uber accidents are complex and typically have many parties involved. Following an accident, you will need to determine:
- Which party – the driver or Uber – has the appropriate coverage
- Which insurance company you should file your claim with
- Who is responsible for the accident
What Steps Should I Take After an Uber Accident?The steps you take after an Uber accident are critical to your personal injury claim. Following the accident:
Get to SafetyIf possible, the vehicle should be moved to a safe, well-lit area away from traffic. Check yourself and others for injuries if it is safe to do so.
Call 911 and Seek Medical AttentionContact the authorities to let them know about the accident. Request an ambulance if anyone has been injured. Make sure a police report is filed. The police report will be important if you plan to pursue legal action. Seek medical attention even if you don’t have any visible injuries or you believe that your injuries are minor. It can sometimes take several hours or days for injuries to appear. Failing to seek medical attention can hurt your chances of a successful claim.
Start Gathering EvidenceIf you are well enough, start gathering evidence right away.
- Get the Uber driver’s name, insurance information, license number
- Speak to any witnesses at the scene
- Take photos of the damage or injuries
- Write down the time, date, and location of the accident as well as any details that you can remember
Call a LawyerUber accidents are complicated. When injuries are involved, it gets even more complicated. It’s important to call a lawyer right away. A lawyer will begin gathering more evidence and build a strong case on your behalf. The sooner you call, the better your chances of a favorable outcome.
What are Some of the Most Common Injuries in an Uber Accident?Injuries are common in Uber accidents, and they can be severe. Some of the most common injuries people experience in Uber accidents include:
- Neck injuries or whiplash: If the vehicle is rear-ended or side-swiped, whiplash or another neck injury is possible. Neck injuries can be debilitating and cause serious, chronic pain.
- Back injuries: A common injury in car crashes. The back is highly susceptible to injuries caused by the impact of a car crash.
- Broken bones: In serious car crashes, the force of the impact can cause broken bones virtually anywhere on the body.
- Soft tissue injuries: Damage to the tendons, ligaments, muscles or other soft tissue can cause significant or even chronic pain.
Who is Responsible for My Injuries?Uber drivers are considered independent operators, and Uber has fought hard in court to try and deny any form of liability in an Uber accident. The company benefited from an uncharted legal territory, but many states have since updated their laws to hold rideshare companies at least partially responsible during an accident. There are two main parties that may be held responsible for the accident: the driver of the vehicle and Uber. If the accident involved another party, they may also be held responsible. Uber offers drivers $1 million liability coverage, but the terms can vary, depending on three main circumstances:
- App open. If the driver is waiting for a passenger and has their app open, they are covered for up to $200,000 in liability insurance and $100,000 in personal injury or death coverage.
- Driver is heading to the pickup location. In this scenario, the driver is covered for up to $1 million.
- Passenger in vehicle. If the passenger is in the vehicle at the time of the accident, $1 million in coverage is offered.
TOP-RATED BELLEVILLE, ILLINOIS UBER ACCIDENT LAWYERChoosing an Uber accident lawyer to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve is an important decision. The Law Office of Jason B Going is experienced and proven when it comes to Uber accidents and other personal injury cases, and they will give you the best chance at a favorable outcome in your case. If you have been injured due to the negligent acts or omissions of someone else, we can help get you the compensation you truly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
No matter what life throws your way, get GOING.
If you have been injured in an Uber accident, you should always speak with an experienced Uber accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you are facing medical bills, loss of income, and other financial hardships due to your injury, an attorney will give you the best possible chance at getting the compensation you deserve.
If you are involved in an Uber accident, the next steps will depend on the severity of the accident and any injuries that were sustained. If you were a passenger in an Uber and were injured in an accident, it is likely that either Uber’s insurance or the driver’s insurance will cover your injuries. You should reach out to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible though, so you can make sure you are getting the compensation you truly deserve.
When hiring an Uber accident lawyer, here are a few questions you can ask them to make sure you are getting the best representation possible:
What is your honest opinion of my Uber accident case?
Do you have experience with Uber accident cases similar to mine? How did they turn out?
How long have you been handling Uber accidents and other personal injury cases?
Who will I be communicating with throughout my case?
How are your fees structured?