When Should I Call a Belleville Taxi Accident Lawyer?If you were involved in a taxi accident, it’s important to call a lawyer as soon as possible. If you’re hurt, get medical attention immediately, but once you’re stable and able to, consider calling a lawyer. The sooner you get in touch with a lawyer, the better the chances of succeeding with a personal injury claim. A car accident lawyer will get to work gathering evidence and building your case while the details and events are still fresh in everyone’s minds. Contact us to schedule a free case review and discuss the details of your case.
What Steps Should I Take After a Taxi Accident?The steps you take after a taxi accident will affect both your health and your future injury claim. First and foremost, it’s important to stay calm. Second, if you’re able to, try and preserve as much evidence and detail as possible to protect your claim.
1. Get Medical AttentionAlways seek medical attention after a taxi accident, even if you don’t believe that you’re injured or that your injuries are minor. Some injuries can take hours or days to show symptoms. Other injuries may not seem serious until several weeks later. Failing to get medical attention could hurt your claim in the future. Make sure that you document your treatment.
2. Call the PoliceThe next step is to call the police. When they arrive on the scene, they will ask questions about what happened. Keep in mind that the things you say can be used against you if you file an injury claim and if you are not clear when answering questions, this could provide an opportunity for your words to be twisted against you in the future. Make sure that you obtain a copy of the police report. The insurance companies will want a copy of this report.
3. Take Photos and Write Down DetailsIf you are physically able, take photos of the:
- License plates
- Bodily injuries
4. Collect Information from Involved PartiesBefore leaving the scene, make sure that you collect the contact information of all parties involved in this accident. This includes:
- The taxi driver
- The taxi company
- Other drivers
5. Talk to WitnessesIf the accident occurred in the Belleville area, there’s a very good chance that someone saw what happened. Talk to nearby witnesses and collect their contact information. Never underestimate the importance of witnesses. Their statements can be crucial in confirming the details of the accident.
6. Call a LawyerContact a lawyer as soon as possible, especially if you were injured in the accident. A lawyer will negotiate with the insurance companies and help you recover damages for medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering.
What Are Some of the Most Common Injuries in A Taxi Accident?According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, there were more than 5,271 taxi cab accidents in 2015. Among these accidents, more than 1,100 caused injuries. Some of the most common taxi accident injuries include:
Head InjuriesHead injuries are common in taxi accidents, and they can include concussions, skull fractures, and brain injuries. Even if you don’t think you’ve sustained a head injury, you should still seek medical attention. These injuries are very serious can even be life-threatening.
Chest InjuriesChest injuries, such as broken ribs and punctured lungs, are also common in taxi accidents. These injuries can be very dangerous, especially if the lungs have been punctured. Chest injuries are usually caused by the impact of the taxi against another vehicle or an object.
Leg InjuriesMany people suffer leg injuries in taxi accidents. The most common types of leg injuries include broken bones and soft tissue damage.
Spinal Cord InjuriesSpinal cord injuries are very serious. They can cause paralysis or the loss of motor control. If you’re in a taxi accident and you feel numbness or tingling in your body, it’s important that you seek medical attention. You may be suffering from a spinal cord injury.
Who Is Responsible for My Injuries?Determining fault in an Illinois taxi accident can be complicated and requires the help of an experienced Belleville taxi accident lawyer. If the taxi driver was negligent, the driver or the taxicab company (or both) may be responsible for your injuries. A lawyer can help determine fault in your case and help you pursue damages for your losses.
TOP-RATED BELLEVILLE, ILLINOIS TAXI ACCIDENT LAWYERChoosing a taxi accident lawyer to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve is an important decision. The Law Office of Jason B Going is experienced and proven when it comes to taxi accidents and other personal injury cases, and they will give you the best chance at a favorable outcome in your case. If you have been injured due to the negligent acts or omissions of someone else, we can help get you the compensation you truly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
No matter what life throws your way, get GOING.
If you have been injured in a taxi accident, you should always speak with an experienced taxi accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you are facing medical bills, loss of income, and other financial hardships due to your injury, an attorney will give you the best possible chance at getting the compensation you deserve.
If you are involved in a taxi accident, the next steps will depend on the severity of the accident and any injuries that were sustained. If you were a passenger in a taxi and were injured in an accident, it is likely that either taxi’s insurance or the driver’s insurance will cover your injuries. You should reach out to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible though, so you can make sure you are getting the compensation you truly deserve.
When hiring a taxi accident lawyer, here are a few questions you can ask them to make sure you are getting the best representation possible:
What is your honest opinion of my taxi accident case?
Do you have experience with taxi accident cases similar to mine? How did they turn out?
How long have you been handling taxi accidents and other personal injury cases?
Who will I be communicating with throughout my case?
How are your fees structured?