Belleville, Illinois Traffic Lawyer
Drivers that have been charged with a traffic violation or offense should hire a Belleville traffic lawyer to represent them in traffic court. A simple speeding ticket is more than just a one-off fine and can result in a 27% increase in insurance costs for three to five years.
Additional tickets add to these costs too.
If you get a traffic ticket, the steps you take afterward can reduce fines, penalties and may even help you negate higher insurance costs.
I Got A Traffic Ticket — What Do I Do Now?
Illinois drivers can lose their license for a traffic ticket. If you meet any of the following criteria, you may lose your license:
- This is your 3rd ticket in 12 months – if you’re over 21
- This is your 2nd ticket in two years – if you’re under 21
- 26 – 34 MPH over the limit – Class B misdemeanor
- 35+ MPH over the limit – Class A misdemeanor
What Are Some Of The Common Traffic Tickets In Belleville?Traffic violation severity varies with different fines, penalties, and points assessed. The most common traffic tickets are:
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving without insurance
- Drunk driving
- Failure to reduce speed
- Failure to stop
- Illegal U-turn
- Leaving the scene
- Reckless driving
- Seat belt
- Violation of traffic device
How Can a Belleville Traffic Lawyer Help Me?Traffic court is intimidating, and if you haven’t been in front of the court before, it can be overwhelming. Your lawyer can benefit you in numerous ways:
- Dismissal. The best-case scenario is a dismissal. As your attorney, we’ll always fight for dismissal so that you don’t have any negative marks on your license, concerns of higher insurance, or fines to pay.
- Reduction. Your ticket may be reduced to a less serious offense. A lawyer will negotiate on your behalf, even if you can’t get out of the ticket, to lower the fines you’ll have to pay.
- Appearance. We may be able to appear in court on your behalf. If you have a work conflict or travel plans, we may get authorization to represent you in court without you needing to make an appearance. We’ll discuss this option with you to see if it’s a possibility.
When Should I Call A Belleville Traffic Lawyer?Traffic tickets can be dismissed and beat in court. If you are ticketed, a Belleville traffic lawyer can help you reduce fines and penalties and maybe save your license in the process. Working with our firm equips you with a knowledgeable legal professional that can help reduce or beat the charges you’re facing. Simply paying the ticket without trying to have points dismissed will result in higher insurance premiums that, over their duration, are multiple times higher than the initial fine. Don’t let your traffic ticket go without a fight. Call us today to speak to a traffic lawyer that will follow the rule of law to help you beat your ticket.
TOP-RATED BELLEVILLE, ILLINOIS TRAFFIC LAWYERChoosing a traffic lawyer to fight for your rights and help you keep your license is an important decision. The Law Office of Jason B Going is experienced and proven when it comes to all kinds of traffic ticket cases, and they will give you the best chance at a favorable outcome in your case. If you got a traffic ticket and are at risk of losing your license or facing increased insurance rates, we can help. Contact us today for a free consultation and get started right away building your defense.
No matter what life throws your way, get GOING.
If you got a traffic ticket, there are a lot of situations where hiring a traffic lawyer would be worth it. If the ticket you got would cause your insurance rates to go up (as is the case in most situations), the amount of money you’ll save in the long run would make it worth it. Similarly, if this ticket could cause you to lose your license, there is too much on the line to risk fighting the ticket yourself.
Depending on your ticket’s specifics, there is a very high chance that your insurance rates will increase. Insurance companies generally look at the details of your ticket (such as how fast you were going for a speeding ticket) as well as whether you have had any other moving violations. Insurance rates are likely to increase 20%-25% after a ticket.
In a lot of situations, it is absolutely worth it to fight a ticket. It is tempting to just pay a ticket and move on, but it is essential to remember that pleading guilty will leave you with consequences such as points off your license and increased insurance rates if you choose not to fight the ticket.