Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Belleville IL
We care about you, your injury, and your family at the Law Office of Jason B. Going — Personal Injury Lawyer Belleville IL. Our top priority is to provide empathy, superior legal service and get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Our dedicated personal injury lawyer is here to help your family recover from injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. Negligence occurs when someone fails to take proper care in doing something. There is a long list of injuries and accidents that can occur as a result of negligence.
Our team will work hard to help you recover and redress your injuries. You may be wondering — How can I pursue a personal injury case? How can I prove negligence? Or how can a lawyer help me? Our personal injury lawyer Belleville IL can help answer these questions and get started on the path to winning your claim.
What is Personal Injury Attorney Belleville IL Law
Personal Injury Attorney Belleville IL law includes any claim that is either intentional or negligent. In particular claims, the defendant can be held liable (responsible) for abnormally dangerous actions or with some products’ liability cases. In each of these matters, there are two issues, someone is liable, and someone is owed damages. Our team can help you answer:
- Was the defendant liable for the damages you sustained?
- If so, what is the nature and extent of your damages?
Our team can help prove liability and damages and navigate through our justice system to award you compensation for your loss.
When our team assesses your case, we will determine whether there was “negligence.” If there were negligence, you would have the opportunity to seek compensation for your losses. A personal injury attorney Belleville IL will assess your case to prove four criteria:
Every person owes a duty to all others to use reasonable care to avoid causing injury to them or their property. If a person owes you a duty of care but fails to fulfill that duty, negligence may have occurred.
- Did the other person cause you an injury by failing to act in a reasonably careful manner?
- Would the injury have still occurred if the other party did not act in the way they did? Further, was the event the injury-causing event?
- If a claim is filed, is there enough evidence available to show that you have sustained injuries and losses?
At the Law Office of Jason B. Going, we can look at all the unique details of your case to determine the best legal course of action to pursue on your behalf. Our skilled Belleville Personal Injury Lawyer will help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
The Most Common Types of Personal Injury Attorney Belleville IL Cases
There are many types of Personal Injury cases that can be resolved by an experienced personal injury attorney Belleville IL. We have listed some of the most common types below. If you do not see a category relating to your case, contact our attorney for a complimentary consultation.
Motor Vehicle Accident — The CDC states that “each year in the United States, about three million people are non-fatally injured in motor vehicle crashes.” If you were injured as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian by another driver’s careless actions, you may be entitled to receive monetary compensation for your losses.
- Medical Malpractice — A medical malpractice claim occurs when a medical professional fails to treat a patient to the best of their ability, and the patient sustains an injury.
- Wrongful Death — When someone is killed due to a different person’s carelessness. If you are the deceased’s family member, our personal injury attorney Belleville IL may be able to help recover damages. This could be due to several reasons, including:
– Nursing home neglect;
– Medical malpractice;
– Construction accidents;
– Workplace accidents;
– Airplane accidents; and
– Use of a defective or dangerous product.
- Slip and Fall Cases — Property owners and Landlords must keep premises reasonably safe from dangerous conditions, so people on the property are not hurt. This can include physical damage to the property or weather-related hazards.
- Personal Injuries at Work — You may be able to file for state-specific workers compensation claims for injuries sustained while at work.
- Product Liability/Product Defect — If you suffer an injury due to a product defect or malfunction while using the product for its intended use, our injury lawyer may be able to help bring a case against the product’s manufacturer.
- Defamation — If untrue statements cause injury to damage to your reputation, you may be able to pursue a legal case.
- Premises Liability — If you have suffered an injury due to dangerous conditions on someone’s property or at a commercial property, you may be able to bring forth a premises’ liability claim.
- Dog Bites — Dog owners must ensure that their pets do not cause other individuals’ injuries. As such, the owner is responsible for injuries or damages caused by their pet.
If you have suffered one of these injuries, contact the Law Office of Jason B. Going for a more detailed explanation of the type of case and a personally tailored strategy for your case.
How do You Establish Negligence in a Personal Injury Case?
An experienced Belleville Personal Injury Lawyer can help walk you through the four criteria for establishing your personal injury case. These four items include proving:
- Was there a duty of care? People and companies are obligated to act reasonably and provide a reasonable level of care.
- Did someone fail to provide a reasonable level of care? If an individual acts careless and that carelessness causes an injury to another person, he or she has broken that duty of care. For example, if a driver runs a red light, hits your vehicle, and causes you an injury, you may file a claim. Or, if a company’s product fails to meet the safety standards it claims to have, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim.
- What caused the injury? If you file a personal injury claim, you must be able to show that when the other party failed to provide a reasonable level of care, that was what caused your injury.
- There are two ways to come to this conclusion. The first category includes injuries that would not have occurred if not for the defendant’s actions. The second category includes cases where the event was the main cause of the injury. Our team will work with you to evaluate all the facts surrounding your particular circumstance to determine what caused your injury.
- Are you entitled to Damages? The losses and injuries you have are called “damages.” We will seek to prove negligence in your case and recover damages to rectify and compensate you for your injury.
In Illinois, the law indicates that if a certain amount of time passes from the date of an injury, you will no longer be able to file a claim. You should contact a Belleville Personal Injury Attorney promptly following your injury to determine the Statute of Limitations that pertains to your case and initiate the process so you don’t miss your opportunity for compensation.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Belleville IL Help Me?
There are numerous benefits to consulting a personal injury lawyer Belleville IL.
- Knowledge – We take the stress away from you by providing critical legal knowledge pertaining to your case. This knowledge includes knowledge of the court experience, the types of compensation you are entitled to, and the process to file a claim.
- Deadlines – Our white-glove service and competent professionals will ensure you never miss a deadline, whether it’s for paperwork, a court request, or a statute of limitations.
- Communication – We handle all the intimidating communication between the insurance companies and/ or opposing parties involved.
- Planning – Determining whether to settle or pursue your action in court can be daunting. Our team will navigate this process and help you determine the best course of action for your case.
- Determining Damages – We will review your case and find all economic and non-economic damages you deserve. This can include:
- Economic Damages:
- Medical Expenses – both past and future medical expenses from treatment, therapies, medication, surgeries, and/ or additional medical services
- Lost Wages due to time off work from the accident
- Lost Earning Capacity
- Property Damages
- Noneconomic Damages:
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Mental Anguish from disability or disfigurement
- Loss of a loved one from a wrongful death
- Economic Damages:
As you can see, the many complexities involved in a personal injury case make calling a personal injury lawyer Belleville IL imperative. The Law Office of Jason B. Going provides the extra layer of personal care and attention to provide you with superior legal service, desired case outcomes, and empathy.
When Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Belleville IL?
Immediately after receiving an injury, you should report the incident to the authorities, record information about what happened, and contact a medical professional. Through this emotionally shocking and scary time, do your best to remain calm and contact emergency professionals. Recording key details about the incident may help you with the legal case later. Contact a personal injury attorney immediately as the value of your claim, payment of medical bills, and overall compensation may be at risk if you do not have competent representation throughout this complex process.
When you reach out to a personal injury lawyer Belleville IL — We will conduct a case intake interview and gather details pertaining to your case. Then, we will help you understand all aspects of the case and the legal course of action. Having an experienced legal professional will take the stress out of this scary time.
Our team is ready to help you and your family members if you’ve been injured.
TOP-RATED BELLEVILLE, ILLINOIS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Choosing a personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve is an important decision. The Law Office of Jason B Going is experienced and proven when it comes to personal injury cases, and they will give you the best chance at a favorable outcome in your case.
If you have been injured due to the negligent acts or omissions of someone else, we can help get you the compensation you truly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.