When Should I Call A Belleville Rideshare Accident Lawyer?Every day, rideshare drivers get into accidents. If you’ve been involved in one of these accidents and have sustained injuries or damage, you should contact a lawyer to help you seek the compensation that you deserve. You should consider calling a lawyer if you were:
- Hit while walking
- Riding your bike
- Driving your car
- A passenger in the vehicle
What Steps Should I Take After A Rideshare Accident?Protecting your legal rights is the first thing you should do if you’re involved in a rideshare accident. Anyone that is involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver should take the following steps to protect their rights:
- Medical attention. The first and most important step is to get medical attention. An ambulance will likely be dispatched to the scene of the accident if there are injuries. Even if you don’t feel injured, a checkup is necessary because pain may not present immediately. Seeking medical attention and starting treatment is your top priority.
- Report the Accident. Report the accident, with just the basic facts, to the rideshare company, driver’s insurer or your insurer. It’s important to make a report, but never say more than necessary because you may hurt your claim if you say anything that the insurer can blame on you, another driver or someone else.
- Ask for a Crash Report. Law enforcement should be dispatched to the scene of the accident and write a report. Contact the agency to request the crash report.
- Maintain Good Records. Be sure to maintain good records of the accident, medical bills, pictures of the accident – anything relevant to the incident.
What Are Some Of The Most Common Injuries In A Rideshare Accident?Car accidents can lead to an array of injuries, but the most common ones include:
- Back injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Cuts and contusions
- Joint injuries and/or damage
- Neck injuries
- Spinal injuries
Can Uber Or Lyft Be Held Accountable For My Injuries?Uber and Lyft provide up to $1 million in coverage to all drivers that have been found at fault in accidents. Both companies have insurance policies that cover the driver and all passengers in the vehicle if an accident occurs. Policies should pay out if:
- Your rideshare driver was at fault for the accident
- The accident was a hit and run
- The at-fault driver was uninsured or underinsured
TOP-RATED BELLEVILLE, ILLINOIS RIDESHARE ACCIDENT LAWYERChoosing a rideshare accident lawyer to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve is an important decision. The Law Office of Jason B Going is experienced and proven when it comes to rideshare accident and other personal injury cases, and they will give you the best chance at a favorable outcome in your case. If you have been injured due to the negligent acts or omissions of someone else, we can help get you the compensation you truly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
No matter what life throws your way, get GOING.
If you have been injured in an accident with Uber or any other rideshare company, you should always speak with an experienced rideshare accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you are facing medical bills, loss of income, and other financial hardships due to your injury, an attorney will give you the best possible chance at getting the compensation you deserve. Rideshare accidents are notoriously complicated, and an experienced attorney will be able to explain these nuances to you and advise you on the best course of action.
If you are riding in an Uber or Lyft and the driver gets into an accident, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries. Whether it was the fault of the Uber driver, or another driver on the road, if you are injured due to the negligence or actions of someone else, a rideshare accident lawyer will be able to help you determine the best way to get compensated.
When hiring a rideshare accident lawyer, here are a few questions you can ask them to make sure you are getting the best representation possible:
What is your honest opinion of my case?
Do you have experience with rideshare accident cases similar to mine? How did they turn out?
How long have you been handling rideshare accident and other personal injury cases?
Who will I be communicating with throughout my case?
How are your fees structured?