WHEN SHOULD I CALL A BELLEVILLE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?If you are injured from a car accident, it is critical to contact an experienced attorney right away to assist with all the details surrounding your medical expenses, potential court proceedings, and ancillary costs. A Belleville Car Accident Lawyer with significant experience in helping with cases from small-scale injuries to loss of life cases can help with all aspects of your case. I am empathetic to the challenging emotional toll that an accident can have on your life and can effectively pursue remedies. The earlier you seek legal assistance, the better. Working with an attorney can relieve the burden of working with insurance companies, ensuring you are paid lost wages, and guaranteeing your medical expenses are covered. If an attorney is involved earlier in the process, it may assist with understanding all aspects of your case and advocating on your behalf.
What Steps Should I Take After A Car Accident?If you have been injured, you should do the following:
- Seek immediate medical treatment.
- Take photos of your injuries, your vehicle, the other vehicles involved, and the scene of the accident.
- Write down the names and contact information of everyone at the scene, including the other drivers and any eyewitnesses.
What Types of Accidents are Entitled to Compensation?First, a Belleville Car Accident Attorney will work with you to evaluate whether there has been negligence. Simply put, negligence occurs when a person fails to have the ordinary amount of care that a typical person would have had in the same circumstances. In a car accident, this typically occurs when a driver fails to use the level of care that a typical driver would use under the matching conditions. Some examples of car accidents caused due to negligence include:
- Distracted driving including distraction due to texting.
- Eating or drinking while driving.
- Falling asleep at the wheel.
- Breaking traffic laws including driving over the speed limit or running red lights or stop signs.
- Driving under the influence
- Neglecting to take the reasonable care necessary to maintain a vehicle.
- Not sustaining control over the vehicle.
- Medical Expenses;
- Lost Wages; and
- Replacing or repairing your property.
What are the Next Steps after Contacting a Belleville Car Accident Attorney?
- First, I will evaluate whether the other driver owed you a legal duty of care.
- Second, I will assess whether the other driver failed to give you that duty of care. For example, in the case of failing to follow the traffic laws, did the other driver fail to stop at a red light?
- Next, I will ask you about your injuries and how you suffered your injury. For example, if the driver ran a red light and hit your car, did the car crash cause you injuries? Did your body strike anything, e.g., the door, window, steering wheel, etc. during the accident? Did you have any pre-existing injuries?
- Finally, I will evaluate the likelihood we can prove the other driver’s actions are what caused your injuries and if so, the estimated case value.
What Are Some Of The Most Common Injuries Due To A Car Accident?Unfortunately, there are many types of injuries that can occur due to a car accident. A Belleville Car Accident Attorney is experienced in handling cases for all of these types of injuries. Some of the most common car accidents are:
- Neck/Back injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Broken Bones
- Internal Bleeding
TOP-RATED BELLEVILLE, ILLINOIS CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERChoosing a car accident lawyer to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve is an important decision. The Law Office of Jason B Going is experienced and proven when it comes to car accidents and other personal injury cases, and they will give you the best chance at a favorable outcome in your case. If you have been injured due to the negligent acts or omissions of someone else, we can help get you the compensation you truly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
No matter what life throws your way, get GOING.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you should always speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you are facing medical bills, loss of income, and other financial hardships due to your injury, an attorney will give you the best possible chance at getting the compensation you deserve.
If you were in a car accident and suffered from injuries, even if you feel the car accident or the injuries sustained were minor, you should always speak with an attorney. A lawyer will be able to help you pursue compensation for your injuries, even if they were due to a minor car accident.
When hiring a car accident lawyer, here are a few questions you can ask them to make sure you are getting the best representation possible:
What is your honest opinion of my car accident case?
Do you have experience with car accident cases similar to mine? How did they turn out?
How long have you been handling car accidents and other personal injury cases?
Who will I be communicating with throughout my case?
How are your fees structured?