WHEN SHOULD I CALL A BELLEVILLE BUS ACCIDENT LAWYER?Just like any other auto accident, bus accidents are tricky and require professional legal assistance to get compensation for your injuries. Most bus transportation companies offer settlements quickly after an accident to avoid lawsuits and protect their profitability and reputation. But if the amount offered does not cover all your expenses and compensate you fairly for your pain and suffering, it is important to call a Belleville bus accident lawyer. Although bus companies are willing to settle compensation promptly, having a lawyer to examine the offer is crucial to receiving a fair settlement that covers all your medical and damage expenses. Besides, a bus accident lawyer will provide crucial legal advice and gather more evidence to substantiate your claim. And because negotiating with bus companies may seem daunting for an average person, a bus accident lawyer will do the negotiations on your behalf until the matter is resolved.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE AFTER A BUS ACCIDENT?
1. CALL THE POLICEImmediately after an accident occurs, it is crucial to call the police. You should make the call yourself if you are capable of doing so. It is important to have the accident on record as well as get emergency medical professionals dispatched to the scene.
2. GATHER CRUCIAL INFORMATIONTo get more details regarding the crash, collect information from witnesses, focusing on their contact information, names, and addresses. Ask these witnesses to please stick around to record a statement with the police. Take pictures of the scene and email them to yourself so they are not misplaced. Include images of the bus, the bus’s number, and any license information you can obtain about all drivers involved.
3. OBTAIN IMMEDIATE MEDICAL CAREIt is crucial to seek medical attention as soon as possible for any injuries you may have sustained. Even if you don’t think your injuries are severe, symptoms may worsen over time. Ensure your doctor learns any pain you are feeling from the accident. Having a record of all necessary medical care resulting from the accident is crucial if you decide to pursue a personal injury case.
4. CALL A BELLEVILLE BUS ACCIDENT LAWYERCalling a lawyer is the final step to take in order to have the best possible chance of receiving the compensation you deserve. Immediately after the accident, you will likely see representatives from the bus company arrive at the scene. Having a Belleville bus accident lawyer on your side gives you reliable legal representation, especially when filing your personal injury claim.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MOST COMMON INJURIES IN A BUS ACCIDENT?Here are some common and serious injuries in bus accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries: These are injuries that result when a person’s head strikes or hits objects or jolts back and forth forcefully, causing the brain to bump within the skull.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damaged spinal cord results in numbness, muscle weakness, or even paralysis when the brain fails to communicate with the rest of the body due to injuries sustained after an accident.
- Burns: Bus accidents that result in fires or explosions can cause serious body burns, which are among the most painful injuries with permanent scars.
- Fractures: Due to forces involved during a bus accident, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians involved in a crash are likely to experience broken bones, especially when the impact is significant.
- Back and neck injuries: Passengers not wearing seatbelts can experience back and neck injuries which range from whiplash to herniated disk injuries.
- Lacerations: Broken glass from the windshield or surrounding windows can break and cause lacerations. Sharp objects or metal can also result in lacerations and permanent scars.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY INJURIES?Like any other road crash, bus accidents are specific and unique, where the person at fault may not be the same. So, who is responsible for a bus accident?
- Bus driver: The driver of the bus may cause the crash due to negligence such as operating on unfamiliar routes, speeding, or otherwise acting recklessly.
- Other drivers: Many bus accidents occur due to another driver’s negligence, and this may include another bus, truck, van, or car.
- Flawed bus: Neglected bus maintenance routine or design flaws may put the bus at risk that may lead to crashes or cause a collision while on the road.
TOP-RATED BELLEVILLE, ILLINOIS BUS ACCIDENT LAWYERChoosing a bus accident lawyer to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve is an important decision. The Law Office of Jason B Going is experienced and proven when it comes to bus accidents and other personal injury cases, and they will give you the best chance at a favorable outcome in your case. If you have been injured due to the negligent acts or omissions of someone else, we can help get you the compensation you truly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
No matter what life throws your way, get GOING.
If you have been injured in a bus accident, you should always speak with an experienced bus accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you are facing medical bills, loss of income, and other financial hardships due to your injury, an attorney will give you the best possible chance at getting the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s actions or negligence, then yes - it is always worth it to speak with an accident attorney regarding your case. An accident attorney will be able to review your situation and help advise you on the best way to get compensated for your injuries.
When hiring a bus accident lawyer, here are a few questions you can ask them to make sure you are getting the best representation possible:
What is your honest opinion of my bus accident case?
Do you have experience with bus accident cases similar to mine? How did they turn out?
How long have you been handling bus accidents and other personal injury cases?
Who will I be communicating with throughout my case?
How are your fees structured?